Law and Justice
- IntroducedLok SabhaAug 25, 2010Gray
- ReferredStanding CommitteeSep 16, 2010Gray
- ReportStanding CommitteeDec 09, 2010Gray
- The Constitution (One Hundred and Fourteenth (Amendment) Bill, 2010 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on August 25, 2010 by the Minister of Law and Justice, Shri M. Veerappa Moily.
- The Bill seeks to amend Articles 217 and 224 of the Constitution relating to judges of the High Court.
- The Constitution allows every judge of a High Court including additional and acting judges to hold office till 62 years. The Bill increases the age limit to 65 years.