- IntroducedRajya SabhaAug 18, 2011Gray
- ReferredStanding CommitteeAug 24, 2011Gray
- ReportStanding CommitteeDec 20, 2011Gray
- The Inter-state Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Amendment Bill, 2011 was introduced in the Rajya Sabha on August 18, 2011 by Shri Mallikarjun Kharge, Union Minister for Labour and Environment. The Bill was referred to the Standing Committee on Labour on August 24, 2011. The report of the Committee is expected by September 30, 2011.
- The Bill seeks to amend the Inter-state Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1979.
- The Bill amends the long title of the Principal Act. The Bill substitutes the word “workmen” in the long title with the word “workers”.
- The Bill seeks to replace the word “workmen” with the word “workers” wherever it occurs throughout the Principal Act.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information. You may choose to reproduce or redistribute this report for noncommercial purposes in part or in full to any other person with due acknowledgement of PRS Legislative Research (“PRS”). The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of the author(s). PRS makes every effort to use reliable and comprehensive information, but PRS does not represent that the contents of the report are accurate or complete. PRS is an independent, not-for-profit group. This document has been prepared without regard to the objectives or opinions of those who may receive it.