- IntroducedLok SabhaDec 07, 2011Gray
- ReferredStanding CommitteeJan 13, 2012Gray
- ReportStanding CommitteeMar 28, 2012Gray
- PassedLok SabhaSep 03, 2012Gray
- PassedRajya SabhaDec 14, 2012Gray
- The North-Eastern Areas (Reorganisation) Amendment Bill, 2011 was introduced in the Lok Sabha by the Minister of Home Affairs, P. Chidambaram on December 7, 2011. The Bill was referred to the Standing Committee on Home Affairs on January 13, 2012, which is scheduled to submit its report by March 31, 2012.
- The Bill amends the North-Eastern Areas (Reorganisation) Act, 1971. The Act established a common cadre of the Indian Administrative Service, the Indian Police Service, and the Indian Forest Service for the states of Manipur and Tripura.
- The Bill bifurcates each of these three cadres for the two states of Manipur and Tripura.