- IntroducedLok SabhaNov 19, 2010Gray
- PassedLok SabhaMar 01, 2011Gray
- PassedRajya SabhaMar 23, 2011Gray
Removes the references of State Bank of Indore in the State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959
- The State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) (Amendment) Bill, 2010 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on November 19, 2010 by the Minister of Finance, Pranab Mukherjee. The Bill was passed by the Lok Sabha on March 1, 2011 and the Rajya Sabha on March 23, 2011.
- The Bill amends the State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959, which made certain government and government associated banks as subsidiaries of the State Bank of India.
- The Bill removes the State Bank of Indore as a subsidiary of the State Bank of India under the Act. The purpose of the Bill is to enable the process of acquisition of the State Bank of Indore by the State Bank of India.