- The National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Amendment Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Lok Sabha by the Minister of Urban Development, Mr. Venkaiah Naidu, on December 16, 2014. The Bill seeks to amend the National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Second Act, 2011.
- The National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Second Act, 2011 seeks to do the following:
- Relocate slum dwellers and Jhuggi-Jhompri clusters in accordance with the provisions of the Delhi Shelter Improvement Board Act, 2010 and the Master Plan for Delhi, 2021.
- Regulate street vendors in accordance with the policy for street vendors outlined in the Master Plan for Delhi, 2021.
- Regularise unauthorised colonies, village abadi areas (and their extensions).
- Create a policy for farm houses constructed beyond permissible limits.
- Create a policy or plan for all other areas of the National Capital Territory of Delhi in keeping with the Master Plan for Delhi, 2021.
- The Act sought to do this by December 31, 2014. The Bill seeks to further extend deadlines under the Act up to December 31, 2017.
- The Act provides that no action will be taken till December 31, 2014 with respect to: (i) encroachment or unauthorized development as of January 1, 2006, (ii) unauthorized colonies, village abadi areas that existed on March 31, 2002 and where construction took place up till February 8, 2007, and (ii) other areas as of February 8, 2007. The Bill extends this deadline to December 31, 2017.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information. You may choose to reproduce or redistribute this report for noncommercial purposes in part or in full to any other person with due acknowledgement of PRS Legislative Research (“PRS”). The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of the author(s). PRS makes every effort to use reliable and comprehensive information, but PRS does not represent that the contents of the report are accurate or complete. PRS is an independent, not-for-profit group. This document has been prepared without regard to the objectives or opinions of those who may receive it.