With only a week left in the Winter Session, the government made statements in both Houses regarding the legislative business for next week.
Nine bills are set for consideration and passing after their introduction, including the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019, the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 and the Code on Social Security Bill, 2019.
The full list:
Consideration and passing of Bills in both Houses after their introduction:
- The Anti-Maritime Piracy Bill, 2019
- The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019
- The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- The Code on Social Security Bill, 2019
- The Central Sanskrit University Bill, 2019
- The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- The Constitution (126th Amendment) Bill, 2019
Rajya Sabha also listed the following bills for consideration and passing:
- The Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019 (passed in Lok Sabha this week)
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2019
Bills for consideration and passing in Rajya Sabha after they are passed in Lok Sabha:
- The International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019
- The Arms (Amendment) Bill, 2019
Rajya Sabha will also consider and return the Appropriation (No.3) Bill, 2019 related to first batch of supplementary Demands for Grants for 2019-20. In Rajya Sabha, to a question on waiving farmers’ loans, the Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister responded saying that waiving off loans would not end all their problems. He further added that other measures need to be taken to empower farmers.