Rajya Sabha took up discussion on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
Lok Sabha adjourned sine die today. Discussion on the situation of drought and water crisis concluded in the Lower House.
Snapshot of legislative business in Lok Sabha during the second half of the session given below:
1. The Sikh Gurdwaras (Amendment) Bill, 2016
2. The Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016
3. The Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill, 2015
4. The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015
5. The Anti-Hijacking (Amendment) Bill, 2010
6. The Rajendra Central Agricultural University Bill, 2015
7. The Finance Bill,2016
8. The Railways Appropriation, 2016
Overall productivity of Lok Sabha was 121%; it was 123% in Part 1 and 119% in Part 2
Question Hour has functioned for 93% of its scheduled time, while in Rajya Sabha question hour has functioned for 77% of its scheduled time.
Productivity of question hour, in terms of questions answered orally was at 27%, the highest it has been in 15 years.
Lok Sabha discussed only 1.4% of the central government expenditure. This accounts for Rs 21,346 crore out of a total budget of Rs 19 lakh crore. 98.6% of the expenditure by ministries was guillotined.