The enactment of the Constitution of India completes 70 years tomorrow, on Nov 26th. Both the Houses have planned a discussion to mark the occasion.
The Constitution of India was enacted by the Constituent Assembly on Nov 26, 1949 after over three years of deliberations.
Some highlights from the Constitution Constituent Assembly Debates are:
- The Assembly discussed the text of the Constitution for 101 days
- Fundamental Rights were discussed for 16 days during clause by clause discussion
- The highest woman contributor to the discussion was G.Durgabai with nearly 23,000 words
For graphs and charts, refer to our vital stats:
Earlier in the day, the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha adjourned due to disruptions.
Before adjourning, Lok Sabha introduced four bills:
- The Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019
- The Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- The Special Protection Group (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- The International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019
Rajya Sabha withdrew the International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019.